Date:      Sun, 2 May 1999 01:11:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Slashdot ftp.cdrom.com upgrade article

On Sat, 1 May 1999, David Greenman wrote:

> >>    I'm preparing a formal press release about the upgrade that should be
> >> released on Monday.
> >
> >So how much data is it transferring now?
>
>    Imagine a daily traffic graph with a straight line at 98Mbps.

Not knowing if you even run X, or have libs installed on ftp.cdrom.com...
put perhaps even a screen-shot of your desktop with top, systat, iostat,
netstat running in several different Xterms..... running on ftp.cdrom.com,
we could start the "FreeBSD desktops page".

cool icons are one thing, but "the power to serve" shown via these
utilities would be awesome...

please please please please... :)

(it would hopefully find itself somewhere on advocacy.freebsd.org)...

-Alfred