Date:      Thu, 4 May 2000 02:53:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        Allen Campbell <allenc@verinet.com>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Naw, Netscape doesn't have a memory problem!

On Tue, 2 May 2000, Allen Campbell wrote:

> I've installed Netscape 6 beta 1 on winblows 95 and 98, Debian
> (2.2) and Caldera.  What are you talking about?  Perhaps you've
> nurtured some kludged up mess of a box that's unlikely to run
> notepad with any stability?  I keep hearing this predictable blather
> about Netscape 6 and wondering just how cruel I have to be to a
> system to reproduce these `crashes', but I have yet to experience
> it.  It's certainly not perfect but it rivals 4.x for stability.

Here's a URL that will blow up 6 with some reliability:

http://www.word.com/

Lots of DHTML and crap.  IE survives, as does Netscape 4.x, but Mozilla,
er, NS 6 will bomb, as does IE5 for the mac...

Personally, my favorite browser of the moment is IE5 for the Macintosh.
Nice features, doesn't bomb too often, looks pretty.

Charles