Date:      Tue, 1 Sep 1998 15:28:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@narnia.plutotech.com>
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Buslogic/Mylex HAs

On Mon, 31 Aug 1998, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:

> The BT-948, as well as all MultiMaster products, are supported by FreeBSD.
> There is even a new, more feature rich, driver for these cards in the CAM
> SCSI layer which will be integrated into -current a few weeks from now.

Interesting, Netscape under FreeBSD just does not like the Mylex website.
I eventually found a link to the 958.  We have all 948s now, and they've
been very well-behaved, I'm assuming I can expect the same with the 958?

I'll be using this in combination with the CMD CRD-5440...

Will CAM be back-ported to -stable, or is it just best to wait for 3.0?
What are some of the advantages I'd see with this particular card?

Thanks,

Charles