Date:      Mon, 7 Jun 1999 11:19:51 -0400 (EDT)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Full filesystem

Hi,

We're running a news server that does a "rolling expire", so it is capable
of keeping the drives 99% full (31GB) 24/7.  We have two 34G ccd arrays,
so even bumping down one percent is kind of a waste of space.  Since newfs
gives a buffer zone for safety (you can fill the fs to 105% or so), I want
to keep usage up above the warning zone.

So, is there any way, short of newfs-ing the arrays again, to keep the
kernel from complaining about the filesystem being "full" when there's
really a few gigabytes left?  Is there any way to force optimization to
"time" instead of "space" at these usage levels?

Thanks,

Charles

---
Charles Sprickman
spork@super-g.com
---
                     "...there's no idea that's so good you can't
                      ruin it with a few well-placed idiots."