Date:      Tue, 17 Nov 1998 18:04:52 -0500 (EST)
From:      Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
To:        Adam Migus <amigus@morgan.ucs.mun.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Semi-Historical Note [jasone@canonware.com: Disinvolvement w

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, Adam Migus wrote:

> As I said before I really don't feel I have the experience nessessary to lead the
> effort in porting FreeBSD to the sparc platform.  However given the reaction and
> the lack of a more qualified person I will accept the duty of coordinator on this
> port if no one else wishes to take it.
>
> As I have said before and will re-iterate I do not presently have the skills
> required to port an operating system.  Providing everyone will bare that in mind I
> will try my best to learn as much as I can, as fast as I can.

As I have said before this is not a race, this is not a paying job :-)
Someone has to take the bull by the horns, and in lieu of that just start
writing code and take it piece by piece. No rush, no hurry. Just sit down
and start writing code. Make it fun thats what its all about. Dont think
of it as getting FreeBSD/SPARC up in 6 days. Just have fun, learn, BE, DO.
The rest will fall in place when its time. So all of you just have fun,
hack around, compare notes, co-ordinate, help each other out.
And soon enough a better more solid framework will start showing for a
finished sparc port. But you cant think of it as doing a sparc port as the
final goal that is to far ahead.
"Baby steps, baby steps" - From the movie what about BOB. :-)

Have fun! Enjoy yourselves!

Chris

--
"You both seem to be ignoring the fact that the networking market is
driven by so-called 'IT professionals' these days, most of whom can't