Date:      Mon, 28 Sep 1998 00:15:56 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Kevin Entringer <kevin@datastorm.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   top

Hi folks,
	Just wondering if somebody could help me out with a little problem
i'm having here.  This is on a 2.2.7-Stable machine.  Everytime that I run
a top it shows this for my cpu usage.

CPU states:  0.0% user, 0.0% nice, 0.0% system, 0.0% interrupt, 0.0% idle

Also all the processes running claim to be using no cpu when it is
apparent that they are. Even when running high CPU usage processes such as
the rc5des client. I recompiled the top source in /usr/src/usr.bin but it
didn't help any.  Also i tried cvsuping, remaking the world, and then
compiling a new kernel, yet still it has the same problem.  Any help would
be much appreciated, please cc any replies to me as I am not on this list,
thank you.