Date:      Sat, 1 Jan 2000 16:26:44 +0100 (CET)
From:      Leif Neland <leif@neland.dk>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   2 hours to compile mysql?

So far it has been taking 2 hours to compile sql_yacc.cc from mysql3.22.

I had to find an old disk for swap, and it's swapping all the time.

top shows 156M size and 46M res., run time 20min's for cc1plus.
That probably means it's been waiting for swapping in 1h40m...

The box is a 333MHz PII, with 64M ram. Do I just need more ram to be able
to compile in reasonable time, or is something broken?

I'm running FreeBSD current from 01/01/2000.

Leif Neland