Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 2000 16:00:53 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Kelly Yancey <kbyanc@posi.net>
To:        Shawn Halpenny <malachai@iname.com>
Cc:        Maxim Sobolev <sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG>, Christopher Masto <chris@netmonger.net>, gnome-list@gnome.org, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Gnome INSANE shared memory usage

On Fri, 23 Jun 2000, Shawn Halpenny wrote:

> I have not had any of the problems he's describing.  I have never modified
> my shared memory settings in my kernel config either.  If the problem is
> indeed Xfree 4.0, then I guess it must be a driver issue (I'm using
> the neomagic driver).

  You are running sawfish, and I'm willing to bet a not very graphics
intensive config at that. Try running enlightenment with the default
config. The problem may not be solely attributable to XF86-4, but rather a
combination of XF86-4 and imlib's aggressive use of shared memory. I
suspect if you select a window manager with more eye-candy, you'll see the
same results.

  Kelly

--
Kelly Yancey  -  kbyanc@posi.net  -  Belmont, CA