Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 09:45:06 -0800 (PST)
From:      Tom <tom@uniserve.com>
To:        Noor Dawod <noor@comrax.com>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>, Milan Salajka <milan@salajka.cz>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: mysql: a lot of lost connections...

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Noor Dawod wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Is this a known problem in STABLE? If so, when will the mutex problem be
> corrected in 4.2? I believe that many people make use of MySQL in their
> everyday use, either personal or commercial, and use also the FreeBSD
> OS... so it's rather a must-fix-soon issue.

  The mutex bug was in 4.2-RELEASE, but was fixed about two days after the
release in 4.2-STABLE.  That was discussed on this list, so I'm not sure
why you missed it.

  There is still an apparent problem with mysql and 4.2-STABLE that can
worked around by changing the compiler.  Very recent discussion on this
list in regards to this problem.

Tom
Uniserve