Date:      Wed, 7 Oct 1998 20:53:40 +0100 (BST)
From:      Karl Pielorz <kpielorz@tdx.co.uk>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Problem mounting CD jukebox under CAM?

Hi,

I've just put another cd-rom in one of my slow-but trust Nakamichi CD-ROM
jukeboxes...

>From the console:

"
caladan> mount -t cd9660 /dev/cd4a /jukebox/deep
cd9660: Invalid argument
caladan>
"

Any ideas? (exactly the same managed to mount /dev/cd0a through cd3a and
cd7a through cd10a)...

I have an fstab entry for that drive, which says:

"
/dev/cd4a	/jukebox/deep	cd9660	ro,noauto	0	0
"

Which is the same as the other disks in the jukebox, but a 'mount
/jukebox/deep' nets the same error...

I can mount other disks in that same drive / LUN number, and they work
fine... I'm beginning to suspect it might be the disk - but shouldn't I
get a better error back than just 'cd9660: Invalid argument'.

The CD is a pure IS09660 image, not Joleit / Romeo etc. I can read it in
my other PC (not that that's any consilation)...

Dmesg output says:
"cd4 at ahc1 bus 0 target 5 lun 4
 cd4: <NRC MBR-7 110> Removable CD-ROM SCSI2 device
 cd4: 3.300MB/s transfers"

and an ls -l /dev/cd4a & cd0a (for comparison) gets:

brw-------  1 root  operator    6,  32 Oct  5 11:58 /dev/cd4a
brw-------  1 root  operator    6,  34 Oct  5 11:58 /dev/cd4c
brw-------  1 root  operator    6,   0 Oct  5 11:58 /dev/cd0a
brw-------  1 root  operator    6,   2 Oct  5 11:58 /dev/cd0c

I can 'od /dev/cd4a' - I just can't mount it...

I seem to remember this same disk was in the same drive, and mounted OK
before we went CAM (though I can't be 100% sure - I don't use the disk
that often :-(

The system is current as of 11am, Sunday last - it's running an a.out
kernel and ELF everything else...

Anyone got any suggestions? (apart from burn another disk ;-)

Regards,

Karl