Date:      Sat, 14 Nov 1998 12:14:07 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Dan Mahoney Jr." <danm@DanMahoney.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Unresponsive TUN/PPP

Hi, I have an odd problem with the ppp (yes I have the latest version).

I have two drives.  The first is fully freebsd.  ppp works fine when I
booted from this drive.

My second drive, which has a DOS partition, and then a freebsd partition,
boots fine, and everything appears to be working.  Expect for some resone
it refuses to alk to the ppp interface.  This is only when booting from
this drive, (dev/wd1s2).

I cannot eliminate the dos partition on this drive because this is my
install partition.  I need the first hard drive to install win95 on (apps
I need to run), so freebsd must run from the second drive.  I'm truly
afraid to reformat my first drive simply for the purpose of testing
whether ppp will magically work if dev/wd1s1 is my root partition.

All I truly want is two drives with one os each?  And right now it seems
neither will work unless it's on what dos would call c:.  Any help is
GREATLY appreciated.

--

"There were some sensible, rational, and intelligent things to say.  It's
just that it was the last thing I expected to hear from the damn

-Saravit, December 27, 1997

Dan Mahoney
(webpages TBA)
(finger for PGP public key)