Date:      Thu, 21 Jan 1999 20:15:22 -0600 (CST)
From:      Avalon Books <avalon@advicom.net>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
Cc:        marcel@scc.nl, isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: D-channel communications

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Archie Cobbs wrote:

> Here's the current draft on this..
>
> http://www.ietf.cnri.reston.va.us/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-aodi-00.txt

   Great. Thanks!

> >    Just a few weeks ago, I was talking to an engineer friend of mine at
> > Alpha Telecom about their AODI (Always-On D Information) project. It seems
> > that (at least locally), the phone companies don't think sneaking stuff
> > over their D-Channels (were they can't do time tracking on it) is very
> > funny, but it is certainly operational as a technology demo.
>
> I think (at least in the US) your ISDN line has to be provisioned
> properly before it will transfer X.25 packets.
>
> -Archie

   True. But that's merely a phone call away (same with provisions for
Packet 6 and Packet 30 and a few other things).

   Mostly, I was just pointing out that the phone companies aren't
exactly thrilled with the prospect of AODI...

--R.Pelletier
Sys Admin, House Galiagante
We are a Micro$oft-free site