Date:      Sat, 30 Jan 1999 14:14:11 -0600 (CST)
From:      Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
Cc:        Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>, julian@whistle.com, net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: netgraph...

Since we are all in (general) agreement that
1: The node-node messages are in binary
2: Only ngctl'ish programs need the ascii
3: Their traffic is "low volume"

may I suggest moving much of this burden into
(a library of) ngctl.

Each node could be "read" to get the template
for its binary control messages. The "bloat" of
the actual parsing would be shifted to the parser
which remains in the ngctl program (library).

And if we could implement that in the node by
"dumping" the contents of its ELF "message format" section.