Date:      Sun, 31 Jan 1999 15:17:51 -0400 (AST)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   From Slashdot...

http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=linux-ggi&m=91750053603759&w=2

I'm just curious, but what direction is FreeBSD taking?  I just picked up
this really nice AGP video card (Creative Graphics Blaster RivaTNT
chipset, 16MB of RAM...specs on it look very impressive)...

Its barely supported by XFree86, none of the Creative Graphics cards
appear to be supported by AccelX...and, with the above notice, it looks
like Creative has a whole department of programmers setup to fall behind
Linux...

...is FreeBSD destined to be a "server" environment only, with anyone
wanting to do any serious graphics or multimedia needing to fall onto the
Linux bandwagon?

What do we have to do to improve our imagine?  Get the "big companies"
like Creative to recognize us and provide us with driver support?  Or, is
this something that really doesn't concern us, as we are trying to fill a
totally different niche?

 Marc G. Fournier
Systems Administrator @ hub.org