Date:      Sun, 7 Feb 1999 21:40:55 +1100 (EST)
From:      "Oben O. Candemir" <dunya@one.net.au>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Cc:        "Oben O. Candemir" <dunya@one.net.au>, "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>, "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG, "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Subject:   RE: Sore Support

> It's up to users amongst each other to help each other. You know it, else
> you wouldn't be writing for the ezine just as I am.

Jeroen, I take your points... the email was half in jest though :)

It would be an ideal world where everyone was willing to both teach
and learn. I am used to dealing with people who are wanting to learn
because of my extensive links with education and because my profession
(ophthalmology/medicine) depends on people teaching each other and
learning from each other.

I understand that people in the computer industry who work with computers
nine to five have a different perspective than I do. I'm just giving a
different viewpoint. I don't have to 'be nice' and 'be careful of toes'
lest I step on them like some other enthusiasts here who have dreams of
joining 'teams' etc.

I just use my computer for enjoyment and developing end user solutions. I
do that well, and I am always willing to help others without attempting to
classify them into various boxes before I deal with them. That comes from
my medical training, where noone is refused services. Once you start
helping on the basis of some parameter then you have
strictly speaking discriminated.

I leave it to others to decide whether they wish to discriminate...

Oben Candemir