Date:      Tue, 9 Feb 1999 09:59:52 -0600 (CST)
From:      Charlie ROOT <root@nomad.nobell.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@nomad.dataplex.net>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Which DHCP client

I do not dispute that he "likes" the WIDE client. However, his
choice seems to be based on familarity rather than CURRENT technical
evaluation.

I have (recently) tried both clients.

For the simple case, both work satisfactorily.

The ISC client/server (pl10) builds right out of the box.
I prefer it because of the additional flexability it provides
for the non-trivial case.

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> I personally am ambivalent about which client is chosen just so
> long as *a* client is chosen.

I agree that this is the important issue.

If someone will agree to commit the files, I'd be happy to supply
the pieces for the ISC DHCP2 client to drop in.