Date:      Wed, 31 Mar 1999 22:19:26 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@webgiro.com>
To:        Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: egcs knob and objective C

On Wed, 31 Mar 1999, Steve Kargl wrote:

> Is there a simple knob to turn to get the egcs compiler by
> default?  I'm willing to help test egcs for the transition
> from gcc+2.7.x.
>
> I've looked through the Makefiles and the /usr/src/gnu directory,
> but I can't seem to locate a knob to turn for the egcs compiler
> (unless I need to mangle the .PATH variable).
>
> And, at the risk of being flamed, I noticed (after all these years)
> that we build some for Objective C stuff.  Is this actually required
> within the base distribution?

Also, I seem to recall that we already have another copy of libiberty
(under gdb). Do we really need to have both of them?

Andrzej Bialecki

//  <abial@webgiro.com> WebGiro AB, Sweden (http://www.webgiro.com)
// ------ FreeBSD: The Power to Serve. http://www.freebsd.org --------
// --- Small & Embedded FreeBSD: http://www.freebsd.org/~picobsd/ ----