Date:      Fri, 23 Apr 1999 02:13:11 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Adrian Filipi-Martin <adrian@ubergeeks.com>
To:        Daniel Hagan <dhagan@cs.vt.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD offerings by Gateway 2000

hi folks,

	I already sent some mail to Gateway inquiring about their options.
I haven't hear back yet though.  I thought I'd share an anecdotal paragraph
from my message.  You could say I'm trying to show that FreeBSD has been
runing on Gateway boxes for a long time.  In fact, I actually has 386BSD
0.1 on it until FreeBSD 1.0 arrived on the scene. ;-)

	FYI, about 5 feet from where I'm typing this, is a genuine
	Gateway 486/66E that was subsequently upgraded to a 100MHz
	processor.  This box has been a dedicated FreeBSD box for
	most of the 7 years since I bought it from Gateway.  Even
	at such a tremendous age in high-tech years, it still makes
	a great ISDN router, mailserver, webserver, ftpserver, NFS
	fileserver, IMAP and a few other services.  You could say
	I'm a satisfied customer who is   interested in new the
	options.  A new mid range server would be a nice  replacement
	for this old box.  Then again, if it ain't broke, why mess
	with it.

cheers,

	Adrian
--