Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 1999 01:12:04 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Brian W. Buchanan" <brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Linux XFree86 under FreeBSD?

On Thu, 3 Jun 1999, The Hermit Hacker wrote:

> Just saw this one go through SlashDot ... anyone ever try to use Linux
> X-binaries under FreeBSD?
>
> http://www.nvidia.com/Products.nsf/htmlmedia/software_drivers.html

I tried the Linux binary and with some minor tweaking got it to run just
fine, if a little slower than the native FreeBSD binary at startup.  I was
unable to get Quake2 to work with the GL driver though... I still need to
work on that.  Unfortunately, the Linux XF86_SVGA renders the console
quite useless except for Ctrl-Alt-Del when switching from X to a text
console. :( :(  If someone who builds a FreeBSD binary could stick it on a
web/ftp site somewhere, I'd much appreciate it.

--
Brian Buchanan                                     brian@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU