Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2000 14:59:25 -0500 (EST)
From:      Cliff Addy <fbsdlist@federation.addy.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sys/socket.h errors?

I'm trying to recompile a program written on a 2.2.2-release system on a
3.3-release machine. However, I get multiple parse errors when including
sys/socket.h, such as:

/usr/include/sys/socket.h:139: parse error before `u_char'
/usr/include/sys/socket.h:139: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or
union

I'm using "gcc -c resolve.c" to compile.  Nothing specific to my code,
even this simple prog will fail:

#include <sys/socket.h>

void main()
   {