Date:      Thu, 30 Mar 2000 15:48:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      <up@3.am>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Vaio vs Portege plus modems

I'm looking into getting a laptop that I can run FreeBSD on, and I've
narrowed my choice down to (in order of preference):

Toshiba Portege 3110CT (about $500-$600 cheaper)
Sony Vaio Z505HE

My main concern at this point is the modem.  Neither of their websites
indicate whether the built-in modem is a Winmodem or not, nor could I find
a conclusion in the archives of this list.

Can anyone tell me from experience if this is the case?
if not, recommended alternatives?
Would PAO be needed in either case?

TIA,

up@3.am							    http://3.am