Date:      Sat, 8 Apr 2000 15:11:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
To:        Rahul Siddharthan <rsidd@physics.iisc.ernet.in>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>, Christian Weisgerber <naddy@mips.rhein-neckar.de>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Spellings [was Re: BSDCon East]

Hi,

On Fri, 7 Apr 2000, Rahul Siddharthan wrote:

> French are known to be touchy about imports of American words, but
> concepts like "hot dog" and "internet" didn't exist in France earlier,
> and to me it makes little sense to invent new words for these when
> perfectly good words for these are already in use everywhere else....

If you think they were touchy about "hot dog" you can probably imagine the
uproar when physicists started talking about "black holes."  I'll let you
figure out what the French word for that is.  :-)

Brett
Dr. Brett Taylor         brett@peloton.runet.edu    *
Dept of Chem and Physics			    *
Curie 39A	(540) 831-6147                      *
Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics		    *
Walker 234	(540) 831-5410			    *