Date:      Wed, 12 Dec 2001 16:12:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Petre Bandac <g38@rdsbv.ro>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: oops I did it again :-)

On Wed, 12 Dec 2001, Petre Bandac wrote:

> the part with mount /dev/ad .... worked, and I may praise myself I got the
> idea before reading your mail - anyways thanks very much for your help.
>
> one last question - call me lazy because I didn't RTFM - but the kernel stuff
> is the same like in linux - for every extra thing I need - quota support and
> other stuff - I must recompile, right ? but where are the sources ? [stupid
> question, isn't it ? :-)]

sources are in /usr/src; config files are in /usr/src/sys/i386/conf, and
you'll need to add stuff from LINT to GENERIC (copy GENERIC first to a new
name, and edit the copy)

but see the handbook for step-by-step instructions (they're in my book,
too); I think quotas need something from LINT but I'm not sure; you
probably need to enable something in rc.conf as well

overall it's different from linux and I'd avoid making too many analogies

	Annnelise

--
Annelise Anderson
Author of: 		 FreeBSD: An Open-Source Operating System for Your PC