Date:      Sun, 5 Sep 1999 10:16:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brian F. Feldman" <green@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: K6 Write Combining & FreeBSD

On Sun, 5 Sep 1999, Randall Hopper wrote:

> Brian F. Feldman:
>  |Randall Hopper:
>  |> Does FreeBSD support Write Combining on K6 processors?
>  |Do you mean the MTRR support for K6-2 and above? Yes, that's in 3.3 and 4.0.
>
> Great!  Thanks.
>
>      Do you know what the status is on the XFree86-FreeBSD MTRR interface
> that was being hammered out (to coordinate write-combine setup on the frame
> buffer)?  All I find in Dejanews is:
>
>     http://www.deja.com/=dnc/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=452806764
>     http://www.deja.com/=dnc/[ST_rn=ps]/getdoc.xp?AN=502908632

Well, from 3.9.16, I get
(==) NV(0): Write-combining range (0xcc000000,0x1000000)                        :-)

Nice to know that my work ...errr works.

>      Also, I wonder if you've seen/heard of an MTRR patch for 3.2-RELEASE :-)

Use cvsup to go to 3.3-STABLE.

> Thanks,
>
> Randall

 Brian Fundakowski Feldman           /  "Any sufficiently advanced bug is    \
 green@FreeBSD.org                   |   indistinguishable from a feature."  |
     FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!    \        -- Rich Kulawiec               /