Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 1999 16:04:48 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Chris D. Faulhaber" <cdf.lists@fxp.org>
To:        tomb <tomb@cgf.net>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Suspect port...

On Mon, 18 Oct 1999, tomb wrote:

> Hi,
> I just ran nmap on myself to see what was open and this appeared.
>
> 1446    open        tcp        ora-lm
>
> I killed Netscape and it disappeared.  Has anyone any idea what this is?

What version are you using.  I have Communicator 4.6 (US) here and nmap
isn't showing any open ports that can't be accounted for WRT my services.

Also, what does sockstat show for the process using that port?

-----
Chris D. Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>  |  All the true gurus I've met never
System/Network Administrator,        |  claimed they were one, and always
Reality Check Information, Inc.      |  pointed to someone better.