Date:      Mon, 8 Nov 1999 14:49:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        Will Andrews <andrews@TECHNOLOGIST.COM>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDE + Qt libraries + gcc 2.95

On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, Will Andrews wrote:

> Now, the question here is - is there a way I can ensure that (in the kdevelop
> port) the KDE and Qt libraries have been compiled with gcc 2.95? If not, it
> seems like we may need to add USE_NEWGCC=yes to the appropriate ports in order
> to support ports such as kdevelop.
>
> Thoughts/comments?

I had to do the same with kmysql.  It works fine if gcc2.9x is used, but
will not compile under 2.7.2.3.

My biggest concern will be the library incompatibility with kde libs
compiled with an older g++.  Perhaps a version bump may alleviate
problems; otherwise, I don't expect the general populice will be too happy
with having to recomple *all* kde libs/apps.

-----
Chris D. Faulhaber <jedgar@fxp.org>  |  All the true gurus I've met never
System/Network Administrator,        |  claimed they were one, and always
Reality Check Information, Inc.      |  pointed to someone better.