Date:      Thu, 11 Jan 2001 19:14:52 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Nick Hibma <n_hibma@calcaphon.com>
To:        j mckitrick <jcm@freebsd-uk.eu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: scsi and PS2 mode parallel port programming

> I can *try*, but it was someone else who spotted the changes, and I can't
> seem to contact him.  But he also did not find a specific change.  I can
> give it a shot, but I would guess it has to do with handling the scsi status
> codes.

I'll put this on my pile of things to and dig through the CAM changes to
find it. There weren't that many in the past year.

> | Where does the 0x01 come from? From the drive or from the drivers?
>
> Directly from the drive.  The imm module asks the drive itself if it has any
> more status to return, and it returns the 0x01 value.
>
> Also, have you ever gotten r_dtr to work in PS2 mode?  All I ever get is
> 0x01 returned, never any valid data, even though the negociate routine says
> PS2 is working an accepted.

I don't know much about the PS2 mode nor the parallel port driver
(allthough I've had my fingers in there, as you know).

Nick
--
Qube Software, Ltd.                                             Private:
n_hibma@qubesoft.com                              n_hibma@webweaving.org