Date:      Tue, 29 Feb 2000 09:30:50 -0500
From:      Matt Heckaman <matt@ARPA.MAIL.NET>
To:        Kenneth W Cochran <kwc@world.std.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Trouble installing xpdf port in 3.4-stable

Hi,

On my 3.4-STABLE (as of early Jan) with the 2000.01.05 update for ports,
xpdf has absolutely no problem compiling, configuring, or otherwise
working.

I've tried this on two different 3.4-STABLE machines, so I can only assume
wihtout looking into this too much more that either something new in
3.4-STABLE broke it, or your system is out of sync in some way.

Regarding why it is not on the CD, if you take a look at the Makefile,
it's marked restricted if package building due to it containing crypto.

The real question is, with the new US legislation, I've seen Microsoft
claim that they can make high encryption available to anyone. Can we do
the same? I claim absolutely no legal knowledge though, just something I
saw on windows update regarding the high encryption package for win2k.

Matt
--
Matt Heckaman [matt@arpa.mail.net|matt@relic.net] [Please do not send me]