Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2000 20:29:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        Doug Barton <Doug@gorean.org>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Merger, and what will its effects be on committers?

On Wed, 15 Mar 2000, Brett Glass wrote:

> At 05:41 PM 3/13/2000 , Doug Barton wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 13 Mar 2000, Brett Glass wrote:
> >
> > > No; the FreeBSD Project should do exactly the same thing. Anyone should
> > > be able to call their product FreeBSD;
> >
> >         This one statement alone shows that you are a complete
> >crack-smoker and not to be taken seriously.
>
> I see. In that case, I take it that you believe that only Walnut Creek
> should be able to use the name "FreeBSD" in a product name?

A) That's not at all what I said, and the fact that you have willingly
and repeatedly misrepresented my argument is just more proof of my premise
(that you are a crack head, and not to be taken seriously), as well as
drawing your motives even further into question.

B) I have made my position plain in several lengthy e-mails, which I will
not represent here. Suffice it to say that I believe the trademark owning
entity should be extremely discriminating in granting licenses to use the
name, but that such licenses should be granted when the product being
marketed will add value to the brand.

Doug
--
  "While the future's there for anyone to change, still you know it seems,
   it would be easier sometimes to change the past"

       - Jackson Browne, "Fountain of Sorrow"