Date:      Thu, 6 Apr 2000 21:21:12 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Alexander N. Kabaev" <ak03@gte.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Perl 5.6.0?

On Thu, 6 Apr 2000, Alexander N. Kabaev wrote:

> According to OpenBSD ournal site, OpenBSD-current has perl 5.6.0 in it's source
> tree already.

OpenBSD don't even try to make their "bundled software" comply with the
rest of the system build architecture - they basically just import the
perl distribution into gnu/usr.bin/, munge some of the build bits, and let
the software build the way it wants to. Needless to say, thats not an
acceptable style for FreeBSD, not to mention probably breaking certain
features we support such as cross-compilation :-)

Kris

----