Date:      Mon, 1 May 2000 18:49:57 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   how to limit recipients with sendmail?

Hello,

I could not make this work fully;

confMAX_RCPTS_PER_MESSAGE  MaxRecipientsPerMessage
		[infinite] If set, allow no more than
		the specified number of recipients in
		an SMTP envelope.  Further recipients
		receive a 452 error code (i.e., they
		are deferred for the next delivery
		attempt).

The problem is if I try to put a limit of 3 recipients
per email and send an email to 4 people; if I use pine
for example in the machine I put the restriction then
I am not able to send the mail. If I use my netscape and
try to send through it then I can send email to as many
as people I want even though I made a 3 people limit.

I would like to restrict remote users also. How can I
do that? (I use freebsd 3.4-stable)

thanks,

Evren Yurtesen
yurtesen@ispro.net.tr