Date:      Tue, 6 Jun 2000 21:29:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@FreeBSD.org>
To:        lioux@uol.com.br
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Automatic emailing maintainers

On Wed, 7 Jun 2000 lioux@uol.com.br wrote:

> 	Is it feasible to automatic email maintainers
> whenever dependencies of their ports change?

It might be a bit annoying, I think.

Library version bumps can be found by doing a

find /usr/ports -name Makefile | xargs grep ${LIBNAME}.${LIBVERSION}

or something more fancy. It's the responsibility of the committer to at
least bump the version numbers in the children. Testing compilation is
handled by bento, which should also notify maintainers when their port
breaks.

Actually, what would probably be useful is a script which will identify
all of the children of a given port. Any takers?

Kris

----