Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 2000 23:24:14 -0500 (EST)
From:      Jonathan Smith <jonsmith@dragonstar.dhs.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   apache

What has happened to apache in 4-stable?

I was running apache+php4, using the files as named apache instead of
httpd.  Now, that port's been dissallowed.  I couldn't install the
mod_php4 over the original mod (failed to implement the newly configured
features).  Now, my config files are confused because the config files are
different between apache.conf and httpd.conf......

Is there some _good_ reason for the discordance between the two branches
and is that why apache+php's been disable (to cover for a discrepancy in
how we do things)?  If it's simply because it's a 'better idea' to use the
mod, try unscrewing up the differences between the two so that maybe
someone can make a transition without re-writing config files, etc.

jon smith

--
Close your eyes.  Now forget what you see.  What do you feel? --
My heart. --  Come here. --  Your heart. --  See?  We're exactly the same.

	Jon Smith -- Senior Math Major @ Purdue