Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:17:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
To:        Albert Yang <albert@achtung.com>
Cc:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Any new PicoBSD's based on 4.0??

On Tue, 27 Jun 2000, Albert Yang wrote:

> OK, we all have to get on the ball with this, are we going to do
> anything with picobsd???  Any new releases slated for the 4.0
> version??  I know that Luigi Rizzo put out a newer picobsd with his
> dummynet page, but is that is?  From what I can remember, the picobsd
> scripts don't work with 4.0 right?  Too big to fit on a floppy right?

That was the problem I kept running into.  I tried to hack them up to get
working on 4.0 but had no success.  4.0 has massive kernel bloat. :(

If you've convinced the floppies to build without loosing too much
functionality, please send-pr your changes and refer them to me.  I'll
test them out and commit them if they look OK.

> natd, ipfw, dhcp, and ssh?  That would be perfect...

ssh is gigantic.  Good luck.

dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu     |  www.FreeBSD.org