Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 2000 10:34:18 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        dirk@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   MySQL-3.23 port(s)

Since no one has submitted one yet, I put a copy of the MySQL-3.23
(beta) port up at http://people.FreeBSD.org/~jedgar/mysql323.shar that we
have been using locally here.  Since 3.23 has been in beta a bit, now is
probably a good time to get a port going.

These ports are based off the mysql322-[client|server] ports
(repo-copy required before committing).  Transaction support using db3 is
not enabled due to conflicts with the libc db support.  If anyone wants to
make this work, feel free to use this as a starting point.

Of course, most of the filenames conflict with previous mysql version.  To
be noted: 3.23 has libmysqlclient.so.9, 3.22 had libmysqlclient.so.6.

Also, I am not really interested in maintaining it (dirk, want it since
you maintain the other MySQL ports?)...anyone else is welcome to it.

Let me know of any problems...otherwise I will commit this (pending
repo-copy) in the next few days.

-----
Chris D. Faulhaber - jedgar@fxp.org - jedgar@FreeBSD.org