Date:      Thu, 7 Sep 2000 17:09:27 -0500 (CDT)
From:      missnglnk <missnglnk@sneakerz.org>
To:        Albert Yang <albert@achtung.com>
Cc:        freebsd-small@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Stateful

On Thu, 7 Sep 2000, Albert Yang wrote:

> Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 14:38:31 -0700
> From: Albert Yang <albert@achtung.com>
> To: freebsd-small@freebsd.org
> Subject: Stateful
>
> Luigi,
>
> Is the ipfw on your pico disk stateful?  I might give it a try
> tonight.  Definitely looks interesting.  I need a firewall and nat.
> I am using a DSL router right now, but I'd like to return it and use
> one of my boxes, save me $200.

ipfw(8) has been stateful since 4.0-RELEASE. natd(8) will work for your
NAT needs.

> I like ipf because of all the ruleset languaging, it's the one that
> makes the most sense, and I know that Reed has been doing this for a
> while and knows what he is doing.  That in no way means that the ipfw
> team doesn't.

ipfw add check-state
ipfw add allow ip from any to any in via internalN keep-state
ipfw add allow ip from any to any out via internalN keep-state
ipfw add allow ip from any to any out via externalN keep-state
ipfw add deny ip from any to any

...works for me.

--
missnglnk@sneakerz.org