Date:      Fri, 22 Sep 2000 15:25:33 +0200 (CEST)
From:      zrq501j@tninet.se
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   FreeBSD-problems...

Hello!!

I did a mistake some days ago: I used cvsup to download the source of
5.0-CURRENT, but the kernel did'nt compile (the rest of the system did,
but not the kernel) so I tried to get 4.x-stable again by cvsup, but
something was wrong:
The system dont compile and the kernel dont want to compile ether.

I did like this first:
cvsup'd down the 5.0-current-source
make buildworld <-- it worked
make installworld <-- it worked to
config MY_KERNEL <-- did work, but a lot of strange warnings...
make buildkernel KERNEL=MY_KERNEL <-- did not work

So... then I cvsup'ed down 4.1-stable again.
make buildworld <-- dont work
make installworld <-- dont work ether
config MY_KERNEL <-- Dont work...
make buildkernel <-- becouse the config didn't work this dont work ether.

Is there any way to make the system compile again so I can run my
4.1-STABLE?
I have a modem, so I dont want to download all the binary-files and
install, and I dont want to destroy my system and all my settings/files
etc...

Thanks!

// Johan Andersson <zrq501j@tninet.se>

---
If computers take over (which seems to be their natural tendency), it will
serve us right.
		-- Alistair Cooke