Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2000 13:29:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Ken Bolingbroke <hacker@bolingbroke.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   processes wedging on NFS

I use alot of NFS mounts around my networks, and on occasion, a NFS server
reboots or otherwise "hiccups".  When this happens, the NFS client will
wedge any process that tries to access the NFS mount.  I can't find any
way to kill those processes except by rebooting.  Even 'kill -9' doesn't
work.

Ideally, I'd be able to unmount any NFS mounts before the server reboots,
but for those instances where it doesn't happen, is there any way to
unwedge those processes besides rebooting?

Ken