Date:      Tue, 24 Oct 2000 19:05:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@osd.bsdi.com>
To:        Tass Chapman <tass@kenderhome.com>
Cc:        Jordan Hubbard <jkh@winston.osd.bsdi.com>, doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Greetings

  The number of sections that are marked as "to be written" has
diminished in recent months but a lot of the information is still
hopelessly out of date or poorly written.  For example, here is a
quote from the serial communication chapter "This document is written
based on the author's experience with FreeBSD versions 1.0, 1.1, and
1.1.5.1".
  If you are having trouble finding a section to write for in the
FreeBSD Handbook then there are many there are many other noble goals
as well.  If you check out the 'doc' module from CVS you will find
beginning work on a Developers Handbook which is almost entirely
unwritten.  The chapters have been laid out but there are only a
couple of paragraphs of content.  You can also search through the PR
database for update requests, write new tutorials, write new man
pages, etc, etc..

       Murray

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Tass Chapman wrote:

% This could just be my brain-dead mind still trying to recover from BSDCon,
% but the only * I saw was for PCMCIA ... and I am doubtful that is all that
% is lacking...
%
% The digital gods saw this being spewed out by Jordan Hubbard:
% > > Well, after talking to Nik at BSDCon 2000, I (foolishly?) offered to help
% > > out.
% > >
% > > So, how may I do so?
% >
% >Lots of ways!  You see all those sections marked with *'s in the handbook,
% >for example?  Those still need to be written. :-)
% >
% >- Jordan
%
% --
% |Tass Chapman| tass@kenderhome.com   : PGP key @ pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371|
% | http://www.kenderhome.com          : KEYID: 0x5BC152A1              |
% |ICQ UIN:394570                                                       |
% --