Date:      Sun, 29 Apr 2001 21:52:46 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andrew Gordon <arg@arg1.demon.co.uk>
To:        "Sameer R. Manek" <manek@ghur.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Millie broken in 4.3

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001, Sameer R. Manek wrote:

> I've noticed a bug that appears to have recently cropped up
>
> If you attempt to play a card that puts you over 700 milestones it produces
> this error.
>
> puts you over -1077938556
>
> Looks like an uninitialized int, though looking at through cvsweb, looks
> like nobody has made a change in a long time, so maybe I'm just noticing it
> for the first time.

It's been broken for some time - presumably due to compiler changes, as
it's a varargs bug.  Try this patch:

RCS file: /repository/src/games/mille/misc.c,v
retrieving revision 1.8
diff -c -r1.8 misc.c
*** misc.c      1999/12/12 06:17:24     1.8
--- misc.c      2001/04/29 20:50:32
***************
*** 65,71 ****

        va_start(arg, str);
        stdscr = Score;
!       mvprintw(ERR_Y, ERR_X, str, arg);
        va_end(arg);
        clrtoeol();
        putchar('\07');

        va_start(arg, str);