Date:      Fri, 4 May 2001 11:02:41 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Heiko Recktenwald <uzs106@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Survey on tuning facts./inodes

Hi, well, I have a "question".

On Thu, 3 May 2001, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> you do need to go off the defaults.  For example, on our
> Usenet news server, which handles many itty-bitty files, I've
> created the spools with a smaller frag size and smaller number of
> bytes per inode because you need all those extra inodes on a
> newsspool (but, it makes the disks run slower so don't ever do
> this on anything other than a newsserver)  Also, for another

Here is leafnode on /var, and some times ago, I lost some mails
with the message "no inodes anymore", when fetching mails with fetchmail.
texpire, ok. But how could I have prevented this from happening, how do I
get more inodes on /var ?

Hope it is "newbie" enough to be asked here. The danger to ask questions
on newbies and get answers by newbies, well, maybe not in this case ;-)

Thanks,

H.