Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 12:36:08 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Gersh <gersh@sonn.com>
To:        Matthew Jacob <mjacob@feral.com>
Cc:        Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: speeding up /etc/security

What about something like what process accounting does?

It would be trivial to update a file (say /var/db/setxid)
whenever certian chmod / fchmod actions are taken.

If it only happened when chmod/fchmod actions happened that
effected setxid stauts it should not impact performence to much either
IMHO.

I think that the real thing to consid with a approach like this is.

1)  How useful would it be.
2)  Because it would be used for something security relevant the
    "database" file would need to remain secure at all times.