Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 2002 10:35:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
To:        Lukas Kaminski <kaminski@rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org, acpi-jp@jp.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ACPI Poweroff problem

On Tue, 3 Dec 2002, Lukas Kaminski wrote:
> I recently (friday, november 30.) installed FreeBSD Current, and it
> seems pretty usable. (Congratulations) :-)
>
> But (there is everytime a "but") i have some trouble with ACPI.
> While suspend to RAM works flawlessly, the machine doesn't power off.
> If the powerbutton is pressed, a shutdown is initiated, but after an
> error-message the computer reboots.
>
> The same error happens if i do "halt -p".
> The only difference is, the machine doesn't reboot.
> I've tried different kernel versions (Generic, too) and the error
> persists. At last, the error :
>
> Power System off using ACPI
> ACPI -1287 *** Error: Method execution failed
> AE_AML_UNINITIALIZED_LOCAL
> ACPI -1287 *** Error: Method execution failed
> AE_AML_UNINITIALIZED_LOCAL
>
> ACPIEnterSleepStatePrep failed AE_AML_UNINITIALIZED_LOCAL
>
> (so, or similar).
>
> PS : I have an VIA KT266 chipset.

Please cc acpi-jp list with acpi problems, as I have on this reply.  Check
the current@ archives for the patch 20021122 that iwasaki@ posted.  It may
fix your problem.  However, this sounds similar to another user's problem
where his dsdt didn't forward declare FAN_ (again, check archives for the
past 2 weeks).

-Nate