Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 1999 04:45:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@hub.freebsd.org>
To:        Dirk Froemberg <dirk@freebsd.org>
Cc:        cvs-all@freebsd.org, cvs-committers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/secure/usr.bin Makefile src/secure/usr.bin/openssl Makefile

On Wed, 29 Dec 1999, Dirk Froemberg wrote:

> Works fine for me.

Glad to hear it.

> But what about the openssl port and the ports depending on/using the
> openssl port, now?
>
> Will this be merged into RELENG_3? If not we'll have to surround
> dependecies to openssl by something like
>
> 	.if !exists(/usr/lib/libcrypto.so) || !exists(/usr/lib/libssl.so)
> 	LIB_DEPENDS=	crypto.1:${PORTSDIR}/security/openssl

Hmm. I have no immediate plans to MFC because it's not something we've
discussed, but I don't see any reason why it couldn't be once everything
is stabilized. Does LIB_DEPENDS pick up libraries in /usr/lib? If not,
that would probably be the best way out of this: in the 4.0 case the
dependency would always succeed and the port would never be built.

Kris