Date:      Fri, 8 Dec 2000 12:43:33 -0500 (EST)
From:      <atrens@nortel.ca>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        "Atrens, Andrew [SKY:ET95:EXCH]" <atrens@americasm01.nt.com>, <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: possibly related data point - (was) Re: Current Broken!

I hit on it by accident (I normally compile with -O). That said, your
claim that gcc with no optimization generates incorrect code is
kind of counter-intuitive, wouldn't you say ?

I think you missed my point, I was just illustrating that optimizer seems
to affect (in my case apparently negate) the processing of constraints.

What you take from that is up to you - I was just trying to be helpful :)

Cheers,

A.

+--
| Andrew Atrens                 Nortel Networks, Ottawa, Canada. |
| All opinions expressed are my own,  not those of any employer. |
                                                               --+
 Berkeley had what we called "copycenter", which is "take it down
 to the copy center and make as many copies as you want".
                 -- Kirk McKusick