Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2001 09:03:27 -0600 (CST)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        <jkh@FreeBSD.ORG>, <arch@FreeBSD.ORG>, <bright@wintelcom.net>, Jordan Hubbard <jkh@osd.bsdi.com>, Steve Kargl <sgk@troutmask.apl.washington.edu>
Subject:   Re: NO MORE '-BETA'

On Sat, 17 Mar 2001, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> On 16-Mar-01 Chris Dillon wrote:
> >  4.3-BETA at this time.  I get the usual "BETA!?!?" response, whereby I
> >  have to explain that FreeBSD's "BETA" is nothing like, say,
> >  Microsoft's "BETA".  I don't think its a big problem, just that it
>
> Heh.. actually it is..
>
> MS run RC's and Beta's too.

I'm referring to the code quality and general usefullness of the
"BETA".  To me, FreeBSD's "BETA" is just another term for "-STABLE in
a code freeze because we're just about to do a release", not "a buggy
piece of crap".

-- Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
   FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet.
   For IA32 and Alpha architectures. IA64, PPC, and ARM under development.
   http://www.freebsd.org