Date:      Mon, 10 Sep 2001 18:47:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "David C. Snyder" <dsnyder@web.turner.com>
To:        <FREEBSD-NEWBIES@freebsd.org>
Subject:   CD -> ISO-9660 Image

Hello,

I'm in the process of _upgrading_ my last Linux box to FreeBSD.  The
only common task for which I have not found a FreeBSD equivalent is
creating an ISO 9660 image from a CD-ROM.  Under Linux, I could do
something like this:

   dd if=/dev/scd0 of=/data/images/new-image.iso

Once this is done, I can either record the image to a blank CD, or
mount it as a vnode disk that can be NFS exported or shared via SAMBA.

I've grep'ed the FAQ's and the handbook, but couldn't find anything
about this.  If you have a pointer, I'd be grateful if you could pass
it along.  Thanks!

-- David