Date:      Sat, 13 Oct 2001 21:38:58 +1000 (EST)
From:      Chris Aitken <chris@ideal.net.au>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Website Retrieve in Perl on FreeBSD

Hi All,

A quick question for perl gurus here........

I want to be able to, from within a perl script, go and grab the contents
of a URL and capture it into a string. Im using the standard install of
FreeBSD 4.3 with Perl 5. Can anyone point me in the right direction of
what I should be looking at. I know how to do this with PHP no problems,
but as this is a lesson im teaching myself in MRTG graphing, I need to do
it in perl.

Thanks in advance

Chris