Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 13:59:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Flowers <jflowers@ezo.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CVS and CVSUP Servers

I have an open system application that I want to maintain from multiple
servers (in different countries).  Cvspserver works ok from inetd but
unless I have missed something, it can't be mirrored due to real-time
commit requirements.

It looks like I can use the cvsupd and cvsup-mirror ports OK but cvsup is
not world-available (NT/2000 etc.).

My thought is to do both using cvsup to maintain the mirrors from the
primary host but then use cvs from the primary and all mirrors for local
developers who can use unix/mac/windows cvs-enabled development platforms.

My first read is that this is possible but it looks a little complicated
so I hope someone can tell me if I'm not on the right track before I sink
a whole lot of effort into it..

Jim Flowers <jflowers@ezo.net>
#4 ISP on C|NET, #1 in Ohio