Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 1995 19:57:20 +0800 (CST)
From:      Brian Tao <taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw>
To:        Ollivier Robert <roberto@blaise.ibp.fr>
Cc:        "Hackers' list FreeBSD" <hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Kirk McKusick E-mail address

On Fri, 14 Apr 1995, Ollivier Robert wrote:

> Can someone send me Kirk's Eail adress please ?
>
> A french magazine used the BSD daemon in one of the articles and said
> it was the "hackers' logo", with hackers used as a synonym for "cracker" and
> "pirates" :-((((((

    Better yet, does the magazine have an e-mail address we could use
to, ah, "educate" them about the proper origins of this logo.  Then
send them the Linux shark fin logo and tell 'em that's the one they
want for crackers and pirates.  ;-)
taob@gate.sinica.edu.tw <-- work ........ play --> taob@io.org